1. Accuracy of Subject & Comparable Sales Data: Unfortunately, there are many reasons for errors in the County data.
- Errors are made in characterizing properties.
- Properties change, and the county staff is unaware of the changes.
- Sellers do not fill out the Transfer Declaration forms correctly, resulting in inappropriate Effective Sales Prices of comparable sales.
Through research, these errors may be rectified, resulting in successful tax protests that save taxpayers significant sums of money. The appraisal staff of TruValue RES, Inc is prepared to perform research to detect these errors.
2. Similarity of Comparable Sales Data: It is important to remember that the greater the number of differences between a property and a comparable sale, the greater the chance of making an error in quantifying the market adjustment for that difference. Therefore, if the sales data utilized to value your property differs substantially, there is a stronger likelihood of an unjust valuation being assigned to your property.